Cranage are currently seeking a motivated and high performance individual for the following position:
Electrical Safety Test Engineer
The position offers the opportunity to be part of our dynamic testing team providing clients with accredited testing, certification and consultancy. We are qualified by the British Government and the European Commission for assessing safety and performance of a wide range of electrical and electronic equipment.
Candidates will have:
* A HNC/HND or equivalent in electrical/electronics or related subject.
* Hands-on experience of EN60335-1 or other BS/EN/IEC product safety standards;
* A working knowledge of electronic components and ability to read and understand
* Self-motivation and confidence to discuss technical issues with clients;
* A willingness to learn and develop in a quality controlled environment
Experience of working in a UKAS testing laboratory would be advantageous.
You will work in a modern high-tech laboratory on a wide range of products assisting the Lab Manager to assess product conformity to EN and IEC standards. The role involves using electrical and electronic test equipment and computers, taking measurements, and writing test reports.
At Cranage we not only offer a secure and prosperous career but depending upon experience a flexible salary and an excellent working environment.